- Home >
- Electrodes / Pads
Electrodes / Pads
Medical Products Online sells only the highest quality electrodes in the industry Ė OUR ELECTRODES ARE DESIGNED TO LAST FOR MULTIPLE USES.
The more electrodes you buy, the more you save! Add additional Medical Products Online electrodes to your order to see the savings! All of our high quality TENS unit pads are designed to be used with all of the Electrotherapy devices we sell, including TENS Units, Muscle Stimulators (EMS Units), Microcurrent Units, Interferential Therapy Units, Russian Therapy Units, and combination TENS devices. Please contact our customer service department at 877-760-7246 to speak with our professional customer service representatives about your order.
The current of a TENS Electrode usually produces a tingling sensation in your skin that interrupts the perception of pain. Although using a TENS Unit for pain is not a cure, it does give the impression of reduced pain and promotes comfort for the user.
TENS unit electrodes and pads often use nine-volt batteries, which can last for a surprisingly long time. These devices are even smaller than a personal CD player.
General recommendations for using Medical Products Online electrode pads with a TENS unit:
- Wash the skin. Apply rubbing alcohol where you plan to stick the TENS unit pads and let the area dry.
- Prior to application of the electrodes, you may use a special electrode spray that improves the performance and extends the life of the self-adhering electrodes.
- Firmly place the self-sticking TENS electrode pads to the skin near and around the area of pain, as instructed by your physician.
- Plug the wire connector pins into the TENS unit electrodes inside the pads. Plug the other end of the wires into the TENS unit.
- Turn the control knobs up slowly until the stimulation is satisfactory (Typically, a TENS unit will have at least two controls. One control sets the intensity of the electrical signals, the other controls the speed of the electrical signals)
- You may also test the various programs that are built right into the TENS Unit. These are most often used to further help your pain relief by changing the stimulation current, preventing your body from getting used to the signal.
- Clip the TENS Unit on a belt or carry it in a pocket to use at your discretion and take with you wherever you go.
Note: These simple instructions are also generally applicable to the use of TENS electrodes with other electrotherapy units.